Season 8 Music
Welcome to the most complete How I Met Your Mother Music list there is!
Songs will be updated shortly after the episode. The main song link goes to Amazon but I try to leave an iTunes link as well. They are also listed on the How I Met Your Mother Episode Recap each week so check there and join the episode discussions! If you’ve found this page useful, then help us out by taking a second to bookmark or share us!
- The Funeral by Band of Horses amazon (closing moment of Episode One. Barney talks to Klaus, Robin finds Barney didn’t distroy it all, and the Mother walks up to Farhampton Station)
- Also, has anyone bought the HIMYM Soundtrack? How I Met Your Music? It’s on
- Museum of Flight by Damien Jurado amazon (last song of the night as one couple calls it quits and the others stay together)
- Ms. New Booty by Bubba Sparxxx amazon (Barney’s ringtone in the bar)
- Old McDonald had a frame… Barney version
- Row Row Row your boat … Barney Version
- Low Rising by The Swell Season amazon – (Ted can’t wait to talk to Robin and ends up breaking up with Victoria.)
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder amazon (Robin and Patrice BFF fun day)
- The Best It’s Gonna Get (J Scott G & Joman Remix) by Celldweller amazon (Brad’s frog lake video)
Findin’ My Way by Max Boogie Overdrive (Robin’s hotel room music)
- If the Hudson Overflows by Goldspot (Ted get’s out of the pit with his professor) amazon (charity single for Sandy relief)
- Night Night Little Marvin by Lily and Marshall (plus the tear soaked edition)
- Let Your Heart Hold Fast by Fort Atlantic (proposal music) amazon
- Voices (originally by Cheap Trick ) performed by Jon Brion (Ted’s sad moments through the years) Find Jon Broin on youtube or amazon or
- Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffett (not played but referenced by Robin’s dad as the only song he will dance with her to) amazon
- Guiding Light by Television (Ted’s epilogue, talk with Cindy on the bus & at the wedding reception) amazon
- What Would I Do Without You by Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors amazon (end of episode as Robin makes her peace with the ring)
- P.S. I Love You by Robin Sparkles
- Dance Song (Derriere?) (Marshall and Sparkles dance off)
- For the Longest Time by Billy Joel amazon (future and Present Ted’s sing together)
- Piano piece when Ted imagines meeting the Mother early is Swihart. I tell you this because I know you will ask.
- How to Fight Loneliness by Wilco amazon) – Ted & Robin argue about signes from the universe in the rain, closing (
- Simple Song by The Shins amazon- lots of action at the end and seeing the Mother buying a ticket.